Examinations are scheduled twice per year based on qualified registrants. Dates are announced by the Executive Director through Press Release in March and October. Qualified registrants must satisfy the following:
- Applicant must be either a citizen of the United States or an Immigrant alien admitted to the United States for permanent residence under the pertinent previsions of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
- Applicant must be 21 years of age and not older than 65 years of Age.
- Applicant must have established a continuous and unbroken residence in the Virgin Islands of the United States at least one year prior to application.
- Applicant must have been a licensed operator for at least three years prior to application, except that in the case of a veteran, must have been licensed operator for at least one year with acceptance subject to a good driving record.
- Applicant, if applying for his first badge and card, must receive a passing score in any written exam or driving test prescribed by the Commission.